1.02.2008

living in a cellular world...

I hate cell phones. I hate standing next to someone in a grocery store yapping about their Friday night plans and being so rude to not even get off the damn thing to pay the cashier. I hate driving next to people who are too busy "like so, whatever" on the phone when they should be, imagine this, DRIVING at a consistent speed, and preferrably in their own lane. I hate listening to obnoxious ringtones while in the movie theatre, library, or coffee shop. Well, maybe it's ignorant rude people I hate, not the cellphone, but whatevs.

That being said, they are a necessity and I have made the move to abandon my landline. I am officially one of those people although I am a respectful user and will just leave it at that.



My current phone is 3 years old, randomly turns itself off, has about 5.7 minutes of battery life per charge, and occasionally just decides that it doesn't feel like making that call right now. Unfortunately, these occurances are no longer infrequent so I'm looking for a new phone.


Of course, I'm dying for a new iPhone to go with my new iMac but since it hasn't arrived in Canada yet (and I'm sure when it does it will be about 1/2 my annual salary to buy), I've been looking at other phones. While doing so, I got nostaolgic in thinking about my phones over the years. Let me take you on a journey of my cellular world. My very first cell phone:





The Nokia 252 in yes, woodgrain (my mom picked it out). Full analogue baby. It was a decent phone for emergencies only. It did its job. Look at the size of that thing! It's like a brick/2-by-4 crossover.




My next phone was the Motorola 2260, otherwise knowns as the peanut phone. Completely not user friendly, had a stupid blue condom thing on it, and was generally just a huge pain in the ass. Needed a freaking NASA engineer to add a contact. The reception was shit even if I was standing next to a tower. From what I can tell, Motorola phones still aren't user friendly. Boo! I hated that stupid thing.



My current phone, the LG 1150 kicks ass. Until recently, it's never given me a problem, it's totally user friendly, and I like it. The problem is it was so rare that I can't even google a picture of it in my color. In the US, it was released in navy. Here it was sold in silver. To apparently about 5 people. But I liked it then, and I like it now. But compared to the new phones, it's an antique. So I'm looking at new ones.

So for my next poll, which one do you guys like best? Based solely on looks of course. I've lready decided that these phones have the features I need and the reviews have been decent. So, whaddya thing?

Siemens SL75







Sony Ericcson s500






Samsung u600 Samsung u700


The 2 Samsungs come in a dark, slate navy blue too.

So, your comments/thoughts/reviews would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sony Erickson all the way. Hope it performs just as good as she looks. We should giver her a stripper name, she's hot!

P.S. No, I'm not drunk as I type this.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger tami said...

The only problem with the Sony is that there are a LOT of reviews about the keys cracking. I don't want to drop $250 on a phone to have the keys crack. And since it will likely be a "grey market" phone, I doubt the warranty would cover the repairs. Blah... If only Rogers would offer BETTER PHONES! Sheesh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home